Thursday, June 18, 2020

Perfect Start at 5:30am

There is a peacefulness in the early morning when there is not a hurry to get going. That is the reason I get up early, grab my coffee, and spend time with Bible study and blogging. This morning I woke up at 5:30 and that felt like a gift of time. Before I get to the busyness and list check offs I have plenty of time to just be with my thoughts and cozy on my couch. Another thing I enjoy about the early morning quiet time is that even on the hottest days there is a slight chill in the air. Enough to that I can curl up under a throw with my coffee. 3:00pm in the summer would not be a time for that.

I have mentioned before that I am doing Holly Furtich’s Becoming Mrs. Betterhalf study. We are on week six of eight weeks. It is already making me sad like when I come to the end of a really good book that this study is almost over. It has had a large impact on not only my relationship with Ron but on how I look at all my relationships. Powerful to look at how I treat others and how I can compromise and communicate better. Remembering that I can only change me is so important. Rather than trying to impose my will on others. I feel like I have grown so much already and know that there are truths that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Will I do it perfectly? Of course not but I have a few more verses and tools to remind me of how I want to interact.

One thing that I am convicted of is talking less about myself. I have come to the realization how much I word vomit on others. This will take some practice to break the habit. For now I am going to chip away at it by being mindful to not talk about Keto. It is my choice but others don’t need to have me constantly talking about it. This is just one focus that I will continue working on.

This sounds pretty heavy for a peaceful, early morning. But time with myself provides for good self reflection. Finding direction through His word makes me confident that I am going in the right direction. Speaking of which I am finished with my second cup of coffee and ready to start my day. Ronnie B is up and I love coming into conversation with him after my alone time. Besides it is warming up and time to shed this blanket and get on with my day.

In Him,
Joyful
6-18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment