I am a new creation through this past eight week study as I cling to His word and promises for my life and my relationships. There is one relationship that has been the most broken in my life. A relationship that was strong and close for most of my younger life. When circumstances derailed our closeness I was crushed. It is clear to me that I had a comfort in the broken sameness of how I responded and treated this person in my life. My heart told me that healing change was impossible. My eyes have been opened to my part in the distance between myself and others. New attitudes in my heart and mind have begun the healing process that I thought was impossible. It has been a heart hurt for way too long. Whether it was competing for another’s heart or just a jealousy, our love for one another was never the same.This is a truth that I have come to accept over the past decade. I quit trying and threw in the towel. I went so far as to build relationships up with others to fill the hole in my heart. What I gave up on was hope that God could restore my relationship with this Godly person that I love. Too often I spoke out in pain and hopelessness accusing them completely for our rift. What this study has showed me is that there is hope to mend and set things right. The opening of my eyes to how I need to change and approach them differently has been the biggest gift from my Father. My husband and I have been praying together for our our relationships. I allowed my brokenness and hurt to come out as anger and gossip rather than turning to God for hope and perspective. I feel so hopeful that this will be a new beginning. No one else needs to change. The truth that I can only change me is enough to drive me forward in my relationship. Seeing the ways we do connect rather than comparing their relationship with others is a first step. In this new attitude I am rebuilding other relationships as well. It is becoming clear through prayer that we betrayed each other with anger and ugliness. New beginnings are possible and they start with my heart no one else’s. My biggest prayer is a softening of my own heart and a knowledge that I need to let go of expectations. My three word prayer is A grateful heart. Gratitude is key to me bringing my family together. Gratitude unites~jealousy divides.
In Him,
Joyful
7-1-20
No comments:
Post a Comment