This is precisely why we need to reach out to those in our lives and let them know how much they are on our hearts. Especially during this pandemic and isolation we need to be quenching our thirst for each other by calling, FaceTiming, or just writing a quick note. If we let days slip away with Netflix, a good book or even gardening and don’t take time to reach out to others, We are not thirsting for relationships. When someone pops into our mind we. need to stop what we are doing and connect. I can’t tell you how much a quick text from someone quenches me. Jessie Howze is so good at slipping me encouragement and letting me know she is thinking of me even while we are apart. I want to be that person. The one who lets others know how much they mean to me and how empty my life would be without them.
I am going to be more intentional about letting others know that I am insatiable for them. Nothing fills me like conversation and connection with others. Susi and I were talking four or five times a day while we were editing. Then we completed our task and didn’t talk for days at a time. The truth was even when she came to mind throughout the day I didn’t stop for a chat. So today I am committing myself to pick up the glass of friendship and satisfy my parched self with others. Letting others know when they are on my heart will be a firehose dose of love for both of us.
In Him,
Joyful
7-2-20
No comments:
Post a Comment