I want to be a picture taker. I am not a picture taker. My Mom was a picture taker and because she was I have stacks and albums and pictures to enjoy from adventures we shared. A lot of people who were not photo documenters in the past now are since our cell phones got such incredible cameras. I am not even good at capturing moments on my phone. Sure I take pictures of the deer in my yard but rarely snap a pic when I get together with a friend. I admire those who capture connections with others this way. So now I need to figure out how to get better at this. I guess the first step is to figure out why I don’t take pictures with friends. Maybe it is because I convince myself that I don’t have on makeup or I have bed head hair or I just don’t even think to capture the moment. What I know is that I need to be intentional about taking pictures with friends. With practice we get better at most anything. So even with social distancing I am going to work on making you smile for the camera when you are with me. If I make it a goal perhaps in a few years I can look back on your sweet faces and smile myself as I recall our times together.
Bottom line I want to be a picture taker and it is high time I make it a priority in my life.
In Him,
Joyful
8-28-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
6 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment