Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Take Out the Trash and Spend Time with Your Daddy

 This morning in my Bible video the Evans said something I had never thought about. God does not have grandkids. We don’t have a relationship with Him because of our parent’s relationship with Him. Each of us must have our own, personal relationship with our Jesus. It is a relationship not a religious thing. I try not to be offended when others call me religious. I guess for those who don’t know about the relationship view it as religion. For me religion is like pomp and circumstance. Kind of an etiquette thing rather than a spending time with the one who knows me best and loves me unconditionally. So although my Mom took me to church and taught me to pray, I am a child of God not a grandchild of God. I love that I get to have the deep connection with Him as my father. 

The second idea from this morning was in reference to sharing our not so fresh smelling inside stuff with others. There need to be people in our lives that know us.  Really know us even the stuff we would rather keep hidden deep in our darkest closet. Maybe even under the floorboards wrapped in a blanket and duck taped in our darkest closet. But we need to cast light on our garbage to be able to rid out our minds and our hearts. It would be unhealthy to put our trash in bags and never take them to the curb for fear our neighbors would see our gross stuff. In order to have it disposed of we must be willing to get it out of our houses and into the daylight for it to be whisked away. We do not let garbage pile up and stink up our homes. Why should we cling to our mistakes and missteps continuing to let them be the focus of our thoughts. We need to trust someone or a few someone’s who can assure us that we are forgiven and valued. It wouldn’t be fun to lay on a pile of garbage but oh how fantastic it feels to lie down on clean, fresh sheets. This image is powerful. Not only does sharing and trusting refresh us, but it allows others to see our insides and then feel able to share theirs. Surface relationships are in each of our lives. People we work with, see at the grocery store, meet at the swings at a park. But we also need those faithful few who we can call on a particularly lousy day and confess our messy thoughts and wrong actions. It is like taking out the trash or changing those night sweat sheets. Oh how good it feels when we bring in the trash cans that are empty of the filth that was present just moments before. 

I start my day with Jesus because being in a relationship takes time spent.togerher. I always like to include a Bible teaching video to guide my thoughts.  Coffee, Kylie dog, a warm blanket for the crisp morning, and my Father, best friend, savior, Jesus. It is what’s for breakfast and the way I hope to always begin my day.

In Him,                                                                                                                                                               Joyful.                                                                                                                                                                     9-9-20

No comments:

Post a Comment