Friday, September 4, 2020

My Thoughts Control My Mouth

 Two regrets at the end of the day.............What I put in my mouth and what came out of my mouth. I could conclude that my mouth is my biggest problem but that is not the case. My thoughts are what lead to my food choices and to the misspoken words I regret. Changing my attitude impacts my thoughts and ultimately my heart. I desire to feel better physically by food choices. My whole outlook depends on whether I allow negative,  poor me thoughts to rule or if I choose to focus on the gifts life has for me. It is of course all about choices......my choices......... No one else has power over my thoughts but me. No one else has power over my attitude but me. I can choose to stew in the hurts and offenses or I can choose to sit in the wonderful ways my life provides just who and what I need to have joy. The truth is I too often dwell on the one negative of the day. That one failure or word I regret. That holds me looking in the rearview mirror not making forward progress. 

So today I am going to try to control my mouth by controlling my thoughts. That will be good for my heart as well as those who love me and are impacted by my attitudes. 

In Him,                                                                                                                                                                   Joyful                                                                                                                                                                 9-4-20

No comments:

Post a Comment