Last night was an frightening night and it isn’t even Halloween yet. Ron and I couldn’t find our seventeen year old, deaf maltipoo. Kylie just was nowhere to be found. I looked upstairs, downstairs, outside, and called Jenn who lives across the street. She often sneaks over to visit Jenn’s dogs. Nope! She wasn’t there either. Now Kylie has six beds in our house so she always has a comfy place to rest but she wasn’t in any of them. Hmmmmmm, where could she be. It was getting late, dark and cold outside. I stepped out on the back porch just before I got the flashlight to go on a Kylie hunt. Standing there staring straight at me was an enormous buck. We have deer in our yard often but this big guy scared the bajeebers out of me. He was right there not twenty feet from me. After I recovered my surprise and he exited the yard, I continued my Kylie search. I spotted my old girl when I went back inside for a flashlight. Her nose poked out and there she was completely snuggled in the pile of throws by our couch. Mystery solved. Heart rate back to normal. All is well at the Barber abode. Bambi’s dad can go back to feasting on our crabapples without further interruption.
Here is hoping tonight will be less exhilarating.
In Him,
Joyful
10-23-20

No comments:
Post a Comment