Something wonderful to focus on during the sadness of losing my sister is that my sweet Aunt Laura is turning 90 on the 17th of this month. My Aunt Judy and Laura’s roommate/sister is organizing a flood of birthday cards to be sent since an in person party is impossible this year. When I asked my kids to participate they jumped into action. My grandgirl, Kayla, made a precious card for her great, great auntie.
There are seasons of sadness and that is to be expected. There are people in our lives that we love and miss when they are no longer with us. But celebrating one another as well as that person gives us glimmers of joy even on the darkest days. I know my sister would be right with all of us making a card for her auntie since picking one out at the store these days is kind of impossible.
There are so many things I miss in my daily routine with Teri. Our morning chats as we each sipped our coffee, the phone calls as I drove back from her house on the road to check up on me, filling each other in on the joys of our families, and most importantly sharing a lifetime of memories with her. Today I am still numb at the loss of my sister but I am surrounded by reminders of the life she lived and the love she had for each of us.
I am going to enjoy seeing pictures of Aunt Laura enjoying the pouring out of love for her on her special day. Life goes on even with heartbreak. There are moments and tears but joy as well.
In Him,
Joyful
12-9-20
No comments:
Post a Comment