Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Christmas Letter 2020 Style

 The Barber’s 2020 is coming to a close with heartache, joyful beginnings and tear filled goodbyes. There were beach trips, new births, family time from a distance, and precious time spent together. So I thought I would give a quick what was up with us list. 

January~ We said goodbye to our cousin Beth.                                                                                 February~ We welcomed our sixth grand kiddo, Felix Ryan Madlem, to our family.  We got to spend time with Cam and Britt’s family and Paul and Cindy’s while we spent time with the latest addition to our growing family.                                                                                                                              March~Covid lockdown began across the world.                                                                                    April~ I turned 64 and yes we did play the Beatles’ song non stop.                                                        May~ The quarantine continued and Ron and I got so many projects done around the house that we have been putting off.                                                                                                                                         June~ We went on an RV road trip to just get away and still stay in our cocoon.                                    July~ Natalie and Nate moved in with us. Hooray we have family in New Mexico! Not only that but we have this adorable baby boy in our home until they can move into the White Rock house where we raised our kids.                                                                                                                                                August~ Another road trip to Mesa Verde Colorado. Yes, we wore masks, stayed socially distanced and had a great time exploring the national park.                                                                                 September~ We pretty much stayed home and enjoyed the retired life of grandparents. Susi, Leona and I worked on the book of my blog about losing Ryan. It is getting so close!                                         October~ Knee surgery was a success. Yes, I am old. 

November~ Then my sister got Covid and we headed to Arizona in the RV to be as close to her as we could. She was in ICU for 19 days. On November 24th we lost my courageous sister to this horrific virus. We are all numb. It was a roller coaster of her getting better then worse then better again. She FaceTimed with us. That is something she usually wouldn’t do but with us outside and her inside we could only see her through technology. I thank God for all our texts and phone calls. We are still in shock. 

December~ I can’t imagine life without our Teri in it. This does not seem real. There are families all over the globe are saying goodbye to those in hospitals without loved ones by their side. So tragic.                     December~ This will be a hard Christmas with families not gathering. The loss of Beth and my sister will make the brightness not quite as bright this year. The gift we have is that we will get to watch our cute, soon to be ten month old be joyful in all the sights and sounds of this season. 

What I know is that Jesus’ loves each of us even when life breaks our hearts. The prayers and support of family and friends has been powerful through this year of 2020. There are always ways to stay connected even when we are living apart. The hugs are virtual but they are still heartfelt. I pray for all around the world who are grieving, hopeful for a vaccine and life getting back to a new normal. Please know that Ron and I have been praying for you and have felt the warm blanket of your prayers for us.

Merry Christmas,   

Ron and Barbara

12-2-20

No comments:

Post a Comment