Monday, November 30, 2020

It Is All About The We

 Die to the me and live for the we.

I think that we all have heard it is better to give than to receive. That is absolutely the truth. We watch a face of a youngster on Christmas and see that although there is joy on their face as they open their presents, the look of joy is overwhelming as a mom or dad opens something they are giving. Their heart bursts at the giving to others. 

This past year I have been running around with others to deliver little hugs to people through candy and a note, Christmas socks, or a silly gag gift. It is awesome that I can gift people through internet purchases and have them delivered straight to their homes. The day before my sister went into the hospital she opened a sister wine glass from me. That makes me smile since we always teased about her nightly sangria that reminded us of Gramma Peabody’s nightly whiskey. It was for medicinal purposes of course!!! 

If we had to choose between giving and getting we would all choose giving. That is because we are all about the we more than the me. This year we may not have as much to give and will have to watch gift opening virtual rather than in person. But our hearts are connected through our love for one another. 

I hope to spend more time calling, texting, and just being there for others more than I have been. Losing my only sister has made me realize just how much I need to stay connected with family and friends. It is so easy to get caught up with Netflix and games on my phone. Those are not what bring joy to my life. The connections with others is my heart’s desire. 

This morning I concocted a fun plan that has given me so much lift in my heart. I reached out to many friends in our town to drop off just one ornament to Natalie, Nate and baby Felix Ryan. They moved into Natalie’s childhood home in October. They moved back from Washington state and were living in a studio~fourth floor apartment. They didn’t bring any Christmas items with them. We are going to bring stuff from my Mom’s for them but didn’t since we lost my sister last week. So people are gearing up to deliver an ornament and a welcome back to New Mexico for my daughter’s little family. I can’t wait to hear her reaction as she sees just how loved she is over and over again. It is not about the me but about the we. Everyone I talked to was so excited to participate and share. This started out as a gift to my girl and is becoming a gift to all those who are giving. What a full heart I have at this moment!

In Him,

Joyful

11-30-20

No comments:

Post a Comment