Friday, May 28, 2021

Trying Not to Elbow My Way to the Front

 I am so excited that I have a sticker on my back window of my car again that says Be Joyful. I love that this sticker shows to those driving behind me but also is present in my rearview mirror as a constant reminder. The company where I got these stickers in the past has gone out of business. So my new to me car has been without one for over a year. Now I have to admit that I asked for a Cricut for my birthday solely to make these stickers for my car and for anyone else who wants one.J~Jesus, O~Others, then Y~yourself is the lifestyle I want to live. Too often I get in a rush and plow through life demanding me first or not being aware of letting someone else go ahead of me. 

In Young Life we talked about living Back to the stage. Which meant to let others take the good seats at the round table and be willing to sit in the chair that had its back to the stage. This meant that I needed to turn around and strain my neck a bit to see what was going on up on the stage. But someone had to sit in that chair and be a bit uncomfortable. So why not let that person be me? Back to the stage became a way of living in my everyday life. When I was intentional, I would let others go first, take the smallest piece of pizza, get in the back of the line, even be the last to pee at the gas station on a trip. But too often I would let life get me on the hamster wheel of busyness and not be thoughtful of being Joyful. So I am grateful to look in my rearview mirror and see my precious sign and notice the person behind me that is living life and seeing my sign. What I don’t do is slam on my brakes so they can go in front of me. But I do remember that Jesus put others first as He slowed down to get a drink of water or calm a storm. So if I want to live like Him I must not elbow my way to the front of the line but pause and let someone else go first.

In.Him,

Joyful

1 comment:

  1. This Joyful sticker in your car is a wonderful idea; I am going to look for one. I had a necklace made this spring where you can choose any words you want: mine says "Joy Pray". It is pretty and only cost $9, a bargain. If you search "necklace words" online you can find these.

    ReplyDelete