Saturday, June 19, 2021

Internet Genius that is Me

 Internet genius or Biblical scholar? Can I be both? I love, love, love connecting with Bible teachers all over the globe. Their different perspectives and insight in His word stretches and grows me and my faith. But don’t I also learn from those who share their favorite recipes or concoction to get the skunk smell out of my pooch? Yes, I am an internet genius with a discerning eye for only gathering the truth. As likely as I am to find a way to get the raspberry stain out of my carpet is the possibility that someone will try to convince me that if I drink a cup of castor oil I will never have to shave again. Hmmmmm. I guess the lesson is to recognize what is truth and what should be avoided in life and on the internet. 

The beauty of the internet is I can always click the power off button if something seems misguided. It is more difficult to navigate away from in person influences that mislead me. It wouldn’t be polite to just stand up and walk away when someone is speaking a not so truth theory across the table while having coffee or in a meeting. Years ago I learned a sweet technique for dealing with captive moments that I couldn’t click off of. I began to repeat over and over Lissa’s prayer. This helped me avoid receiving harmful judgements and reminded me of who I am and whose I am. Plus I could not only block out negative input but privately send a positive prayer to cover myself and the one bombarding me with false words. 

Lord above comfort me.                                                                                                                               Give me courage,                                                                                                                                            Help me see.                                                                                                                                                     Guide my actions. Guide my words.                                                                                                               Let me know my prayers are heard.                                                                                                            Amen

Comfort, courage, guidance, and the assurance that God hears my prayers. That is my truth and praying while someone else is spewing misinformation, criticism, or gossip, I can cover them with the same. My hope is that when I am going off in the wrong direction which happens quite often, that they will be silently praying for my redirection as well. There is power in our words even when they are not spoken out loud. 

I am an internet genius……….the proof is in my green chili scalloped potatoes that I found online. I am a Biblical scholar. I get a better understanding of God’s love for me with each early morning coffee chat and Bible study reaching me through the internet. Might I suggest a few? Revive our hearts/Grounded, Beloved Women, Better together, How to Faith a Life, anything posted by Lisa Harper that is just a few that feed me throughout the week. I feel so blessed to have access from Godly women who help me see.

In Him,

Joyful

No comments:

Post a Comment