Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Slow Down and Adjust My Attitude

 So I fell and I am sad that I have to admit to my doctor that I fell. It makes me feel old and unstable and judged. I realize I had pride that I had not fallen. Silly me thinking I was all that because I had not toppled over like a tree. Now what I need to focus on is healing. Two of my ribs are fractured and painful. This seems like a time to slow down. Just how do I do that. Well, my morning Bible study was all about stopping being a people pleaser. To punch the point home, Ron’s cousins are coming to spend a few days. I want to go to the store, prepare yummy meals and show them around our incredible hometown. Instead I will spend my day resting, icing and taking Advil just like the doctor ordered. I won’t be happy that they won’t praise me for my green chili scalloped potatoes and cream cheese pesto chicken. But they will be fed and Ronnie B. will take them to show off our village. 

Isn’t it a wake up call when we have to pause and listen to the lessons that would have floated over our heads if we were on the run getting everything done? I am grateful for this time of healing. I am aware that this is a temporary slow down. Others deal with chronic pain and injuries that progress and take more and more of their independence. So today I will try to focus on gratitude not a pity party. Six to eight weeks will be sweeter if my attitude is right. Until then…………

In Him,

Joyful


No comments:

Post a Comment