So I wrote a book. Well, I didn’t sit down and write a book but I wrote my journey over a decade. This is a look inside my grief and my faith. Looking over this journey as Susi and I made sure every i was dotted and every t crossed has been a healing gift for me. I so believe that the process of my grief and the stories of my son are meant to be in more hands than I could put them into.
So it is finished. Might there be a few things that we could tweak? I am sure there are but it is finished. So if any of you want it or have read it, please consider sharing it on your page and review it. This is not self serving but the algorithms that will get it in front of other people’s eyes depends on your response.
Susi and I are taking books along with maps of mini neighborhood libraries and sprinkling as many as we can throughout our communities. A man who is doing some landscaping for us took two books. He shared the story of losing his brother March 2020 in a shootout with the police. Every loss leaves a void in our hearts. He thanked me and assured me my story was impacting his Mom and that he would read it soon. I had the opportunity to share with Nate that my daughter said people always asked how her parents were doing. This made her feel that her grief was not acknowledged. Loss spreads throughout a family and even a community.
Connecting is what this book is about. I put my blog site and also my email in the book so grieving families can reach out for prayer. Just someone who can listen who has gone through a similar loss is so healing. Sometimes we protect our loved ones by covering up our grief. A compassionate stranger may give us the opportunity to vent unrestrained. That is my hope, my ministry, my healing through connecting. I am so grateful for the writing that helped me heal and documented my healing through a decade of grief. The loss of my Ryan will always be with me but more and more it is not my focus. As his Mama there is guilt when I go a period of time without thinking of him. But then something will tickle me and I so want to share it with him. Grief indeed comes in waves and as time passes the waves calm and the beauty of our memories remain.
In Him,
Joyful
No comments:
Post a Comment