Friday, June 4, 2021

Ronnie B, Me and Forty Four Years...........Out of All the Boys in the World, I’d Choose You Again

 Forty four years and counting. Today decades ago, Ronnie B. and I had our perfect wedding. We enjoyed that day and so many days as we have built our life together and our family. 

I’d Choose You Again by the Forrester Sisters  says what my heart feels. 

Looking in my life
Through the eyes of a young girl growing older all the time,
Maybe just a little wiser
I can clearly see
All my mistakes keep coming back to visit me
Pointing out the roads not taken
So much I'd like to change but one thing I'd do the same
I'd choose you again, I'd choose you again
If God gave me the chance to do it all again
Oh, I'd carefully consider every choice and then
Out of all the boys in the world
I'd choose you again
Times weren't always good
Seems like the Lord gave all the easy parts away
But every time the road got rocky
You'd look at me and say
Had all you needed long as I was there with you
You're the reason I kept going
If I could start my life anew
The first thing that I would do
I'd choose you again, 

Life has not always been easy. Nobody’s life is all rainbows and sunshine. Boy have we both made mistakes, with one another,, with our family, even with friends. But we never gave up on each other or our faith. As long as we were committed to each other we could find our way through life’s missteps and find our way back to each other. I wrote a block about our amazing love story. I must say as we celebrate our lives and our love at sixty five years young. That ours is still my favorite love story. Traveling around in our little RV, casita on wheels, is my favorite. The pace of our lives is much slower than it was when our home was filled with four boisterous kids. But the quieter home is perfect for the two of us in this season. I look forward to the  rest of our love story playing out together.
In Him,
Joyful

No comments:

Post a Comment