Sunday, August 1, 2021

Going to Look in the Last Place First to Find What I am Looking For

 You know the saying that you will always find what you are looking for in the last place you look? That is sort of a duh, ya think so statement. Why would you keep looking once you have found what you are looking for. Well, I recently lost my ipad that I blog on and use for Bible study. I have looked everywhere and have yet to find it. I guess I haven't looked in the last place! Maybe I should have looked there first and saved myself a lot of grief. It is where it is and sooner or later I will stumble across it. Now a days we have location services on our phones, Alexa can call my phone, or some use their Apple watch to locate it. I didn't have location on my ipad. You can bet that when I finally look in that last place I am turning it on. With all these helpful technologies we are able to search first for the last place. So cool! Now if Alexa could only locate my car keys. 

Today I was thinking about how I seek answers to hard questions in places other than prayer. Prayer should not be my last place but my first place. Rather than wasting time gathering advice that can sometimes even feel like gathering pity or people to agree with my way of thinking. That is rarely helpful or productive. On the other hand, when I pray first and God directs me to seek advice from another it is usually just the wise word I needed. It may not be the answer I hoped for but it is the answer I need. You would think that after a lifetime of walking in faith I would have the routine down to first go to Him for direction and clarity. But like so many others I first try my hand at doing it my way and in my own power. Then I can take credit for getting the solution. Hmmm is that what I want? I say no but my actions disagree. 

There are situations in my life that I have eventually surrendered. Those are the moments when I see clearly His hand in my life. When I let Him take the wheel and give Him the credit for setting things right. Life can get so hard that we can't do it on our own. I need to trust Him with the day to day not just the disasters or heartbreaks of life. When I grow up I want to be that person that looks to the last place first and save myself all the wringing of hands and cussing my way through. So now will you all join me in praying to find my ipad. It is sitting quietly waiting in that last place for me to come charge it up. I will let you know when our prayers are answered and exactly where it has been hiding. 

In Him,

Joyful

8-1-21 

No comments:

Post a Comment