Friday, August 20, 2021

I am Just the Right Me for Right Now


 I am who I am and not just who I was. Sometimes I worry that I am not okay because I am not as outgoing as I used to be. This past week I have spent time with Julie for the first time in years. She sings songs about everything. I used to do that. It made me worry that I am not as bubbly anymore. Do I need to change my depression meds? But the truth is each of us evolves over time and having a personality change is not always a bad thing. It is the reality of life that it impacts us physically, emotionally, and mentally. Not being who I was does not equate to me not being all right. After all, my memory is not what it once was and I surely would not do cartwheels anymore. So why do I think my personality would stay as it was when I was in my thirties? I'm thankful that I do not stress over what others think of me like I did in my teens and I'm not missing all the homework and infertility of my twenties. My thirties and forties were awesome with all my kiddos at home but I am also loving my grandkiddos in my mid sixties. 

With retirement and an empty nest I don't require the energy I had just a couple decades ago. My fifties were filled with loving on middle schoolers in the classroom and Young Life. Now I need to have grace for this season of my life and how I am in it. God knows that I am grateful for quiet mornings of Bible study and blogging with a cup of coffee in my spot. So today.s task for me and for you is to appreciate where we are, who we are and not stress that the reality is that has shifted into a me that is just right for now. I bet I will look back in my seventies to my sixties trips with Ronnie B. in our little RV and smile at just who I was in our nineteen foot home on wheels parked in our kids driveway enjoying our grandkids. 

In Him,

Joyful

8-20-21

2 comments:

  1. I like your way of thinking about how we change as we age, and we are the we that we need to be now. In some ways I am more peaceful and quiet now as a senior, and I dare to reach out to people to help them more. So its a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Terra. I would love to send you my book but I lost your address.

      Delete