Friday, October 1, 2021

Becoming Content with the Contents of Life

 

To be content with the content that is our lives.
What did I just say?
The definition of content is where I should begin.....
 
 

Synonyms: Noun (1)

Synonyms: Adjective

Synonyms: Verb

Synonyms: Noun (2)



The content of our lives are often the circumstances of life that can lead to contentment or an antonym of contentment. What makes us content and how often do we rest in contentment? Do we allow the busyness and stresses of life overshadow our abilitty to sit and reflect on how blessed we are? Or do we take the time to delight in our life?

Yesterday a friend stopped by and noticed that I was quieter than normal. She asked if something was wrong. I thought a moment then said I think I am just content right now. It kind of shocked both of us. I am not sure I have noticed I was content in far too long. Typically, we share the woes of life and especially in our golden years we share our aches and pains. Physical, family, circumstances are focused on the what's wrong rather than what's right in life. That makes me sad and not at all content with my attitude. If you asked me I would surely answer that I am a positive person. Hmmmmm. 

How do we go about counting our blessings rather than our concerns? I don't have the answer but would love some ideas. I know that the routines I have created with starting my day in relationship with Jesus gives me hope. But I want to shift more to being grateful than worrisome. It isn't even an even balance I am looking for. I want to tip the scales to the positive and living satisfied. 

Let's all commit to one another to share good news and gratitude with one another. 

gratitude-pausing to notice and appreciate the things we often take for granted. fortunate, blessed

In Him,
Joyful
10-1-21
..

No comments:

Post a Comment