Saturday, October 2, 2021

October 2nd a Day to Embrace


 This day on the calendar is a day we brace for and get on our knees to celebrate, mourn and reflect. October second is a difficult day for two of my closest friends. One lost her son on this day and the other celebrates her son who died birthday without him. Both of these loving Mom's just want time with their sons that they cannot get back. 

Ron and I got to walk through their loss with them as parents who completely understood the heart crushing truth and loss. Losing our son Ryan was so dark but the opportunity it gave us to embrace others going through the same pain is an unexpected gift. "No other mother" is my cry but too often another mother losses her child. Embracing one another through our common hurt means staying connected and that our calendar reminds us year after year of one another's grief.

I am so grateful for support groups of people who can relate to one another. It is good to pray for others even when we can't imagine what they are going through but walking together with those who have endured similar circumstances is quite powerful. 

So on this October 2nd I remember Sandy's precious Zach who gave the best bear hugs ever. I remember Brandon and his powerful love for his mama, Heather. His final birthday gift of the two of them at a concert he took her to will forever be bittersweet. These two young men will forever be in their mom's hearts. 

Today I pray that both these moms are surrounded by the love of those around them and the love of their sons who forever live in their hearts, memories and the impact they had on their lives. Love keeps us together even in our grief.

In Him,

Joyful

10-2-21 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment