Just keep counting
I have spent the past year counting.........counting the days since my sister went in the hospital with covid, the days since I lost her to covid, the life events that she missed, the Saturday morning coffee calls that we didn't share, the memories that are now mine alone, that she missed celebrating 50 years of marriage a couple months ago with the man who calls her his fox.
What I hope to do as the year anniversary approaches is keep counting but with a heart of gratitude for the life I shared with my big sister.
~the camping trips to Oak Creek as kids ~sharing a room and our childhood ~raising our kids as friends as well as family ~sharing Saturday morning coffee calls ~Teri's calls when I was ever on a road trip to check where I was and how I was doing ~Our love for famiiy ~the three months we spent together caring for Mom on hospice ~that she was and always will be Allen's fox ~the facetime calls and texts from her her last days
My list will go on focusing on what I shared with Teri rather than all that I have lost with her gone. Oh don't get me wrong, I am grieving for my loss and even more for the loss that her Allen and boys are experiencing. What I hope to do is shift my focus to the truth that having Teri as my sister was such a gift that I need to treasure and appreciate. While she was in the hospital alone for twenty-one days, I truly believe she learned a lot about her own strength and faith. Which means that she was never alone but had Jesus holding her hand when her family was unable to be with her. She was not alone and she is with me still. For that I am thankful.
In Him,
Joyful
11-21-21
No comments:
Post a Comment