Monday, January 3, 2022

A Word for the Year. How do You Pick Just One? Is that Enough?

 Bible teachers, people I know tell me that each year they pick a word for that year. Last year Transformation church had anchor as their word. I liked that. So this year I am attempting to come up with my word for the year. It is not easy. I thought it would be easy. My first thought was self-control but then that seems more like a resolution than a word for my life. Then I thought of my favorite word joy~Jesus~Others~ then Yourself but that is a life word not just a year word. The struggle I am having is that it seems like to focus on one word for 365 days should be life changing to focus on this word. Ok, I am putting way too much thought into this process of choosing. 

Give me a hint.......How do you pick a word? Do you pick a word? What is your word and why? How long have you chosen a word? What impact has your word had on your life? Could you possibly write this post for me? 

Okay sleeves up, prayers said, Bible study complete and a friend just sent me a text that said run free with Jesus. That is not a word but an inspiration of how each of us is meant to live.

 So I have my word. ENOUGH It is just the word I need this year for multiple reasons. 



I am enough.                                                                                                                                                    I have enough.                                                                                                                                              Others are enough.                                                                                                                                        Jesus is more than enough.

What a word to take pressure off me trying to improve myself, limit myself, push myself into more. Just enough. I will live this year with that word/concept and rest in the truth that chasing for more is not necessary. Don't get me wrong. I will still clean my kitchen, pass out books to anyone who will take one, try to connect with others, and spend time in the Word. But this word is a word that will keep me from laying my head on my pillow at night and recounting all the ways I fell short. Rather I will crawl into bed and be grateful that I am enough and you are enough. Perhaps that will also give me more grace for myself and others. That is kindof perfect and I love it.

In Him,

Joyful

1-3-22

2 comments:

  1. I have not found my word this year. Perhaps I will follow your idea and choose Enough. That is a powerful word. I did not know about the Joy (Jesus, Others, Yourself), love that. Last year I had two words engraved on a necklace "Joy Pray".

    ReplyDelete