Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Covid Fears Set Aside Eventually

 Turning fear into acceptance is a tough turn around for sure. The knee jerk reaction is to be terrified and run fast to the worst case scenario. I went through this yesterday when my grandgirl shared that she and her husband have Covid. They both chose not to be vaccinated so the thought of their outcome with Covid could be far worse. The truth is I lost it. Angry tears at the thought of losing these two that I love so very much. There has been so much death and grief in life the past few years that I am certainly waiting for the next person that I am going to lose. Stopping to pray was the furthest thing from my heart but wringing my hands seemed the right response. Didn't I just write about turning hands up this week? 


After much fear and stress I decided to follow friend's advice and pray. The truth is Covid kills those who aren't vaccinated but not all that get it. The kids have mild symptoms. So eventually, after too many tears, I looked at the truth of their situation. Mild symptoms and now they will have antibodies that I have been praying for through vaccines. Not the protection I wanted but a protection none the less. So God turned my heart from terror to joy not in the fact that they have Covid but that they are not critically ill with Covid. After all, Covid was not my fear. The fear of losing them to Covid was. Thankfully, I won't lose them to this virus like I lost my sister. Going forward I can rest in the fact that they will have protection from these days of isolation and head cold symptoms.  These newlyweds will have a few days together and loving each other until they can once again join jobs, school and life. I smile thinking of the togetherness they will share because of the dreaded now accepted Covid. 

Pity party over. Matthew 28:20 I am with you always.Amen

In Him,

                                        Joyful

                                        1-11-22


No comments:

Post a Comment