For almost thirty-two years Ron and I have been the Barbers6. We use this as our email and just embraced the gift of our four chosen kids. Here I sit at Cam and Britt's with their four which now makes them the Barbers6. Our numbers have expanded. Not only do we have seven grands with more to come but we have added daughters-in-love and son-in-loves. Perhaps we need to consider changing our longstanding email address to Barbers18... That seems more accurate as our arms stretch to include more and more in our family. How could we have known decades ago when facing endometriosis and infertility that God would bless us in such an incredible way.
The reality is that eighteen doesn't even tell the breadth of our family through infertility and adoption. Our kids birth families are also counted among our fold. Phyllis and I have shared our lives and families since Natalie was placed in our hearts and in our arms. Her family is blended with ours. A year ago Ron and I were included as Jodi, Natalie's birthmom went home to be with Jesus. What an honor that Phyllis and Alyssa included us as family and allowed us to be present. After all, adoption isn't the giving away of a child, it is the connecting of families. We all pray for our kids and each other over the years. The number would be too high to count if I tried to include all the family we were given. That makes me smile as I see how God fulfilled His promise that we could be parents through the love and selflessness of our birthmoms and their families.
I got to go up and shuffle Kenzie, Kayla, and Timmy around while their mom had surgery. Car rides are the best to chat and get to know each other deeper. The days in between driving were with Britt and five month old Millie. Floor time with this blue eyed doll was my favorite. She is so interested in her Lovevery toys and beginning to scooch when they are out of reach. What a sacrifice it was to go up and help out with the now Barbers6. Silly, it was no effort at all but a pleasure and a gift.
Our Barbers18 now include two in heaven since we lost Hector last December but I am convinced he and our Ryan are enjoying comparing family stories and recipes. They were after all both chefs delighting us with their delicious creations. Now for a spoiler............we will be Barbers19 before Christmas 2022 but no I am not the one to share where this new treasure is coming from. So our story is to be continued.........
In Him,
Joyful
2-19-22
No comments:
Post a Comment