I have suggested to others throughout the years that journaling/blogging is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Blogging keeps me grounded and emotionally healthy. The outlet that writing gives is healing. If you blog and don't want to filter there is no reason you need to share your blog name with anyone else. Somebody who needs to hear what you have to say will find your words. Terra is the person who comments the most on my blog and I feel so connected to her through her encouragement. We may never meet in person but we are sisters.
When I am not writing is when I am stuck emotionally. My head knows that blogging will help but my hurt prevents me from placing my fingers on the keyboard. If I had my druthers, as my Dad used to say, I would blog every single day. Another encouragement is that my Ronnie B. doesn't read my blog but asks me to read my words to him. It always surprises me what I wrote. The grammatical errors don't surprise me but seeing my heart on the page does. If it wasn't for Ron I probably wouldn't read my words. Just another reason to adore my man.
Hurt heals when you talk it out to yourself and the honesty of that touches others who come across your vulnerability. My morning routine is best when we are at home and not on the road in the rv. Wake up, make coffee, feed our not so quiet kitty, Bible study, then blog is my best way to start my day. Sometimes the Bible study prompts me to write a certain topic but mostly my words just meander where they will which always surprises me. I know writing is not for everyone. Some are healed when they sit down and pound out beautiful music on their piano or keyboard. For others it is a run that invigorates them. Whatever outlet gets your heart calmed is a good thing. My wish for myself is that I would not skip what I know is best for me. Trust me I don't skip eating and am faithful with taking my medications, so why do I skip writing? It is a question I ask myself after I have stepped away for a while then return to the routine of tapping my fingers on the keyboard.
It gives me joy that others read my thoughts but even if they were only for me I hope I would write. This blog came about to keep a young friend from cutting. She and I wrote so she wouldn't crave the blade. Everyday we wrote when we began a dozen years ago. So pick up a pen, keyboard, running shoes or a backpack and dive in to what gives you joy and healing. As Wendy's driveup window employee says, "See you tomorrow." Since that would mean I wrote one more day in a row.In Him,
Joyful
3-11-22
No comments:
Post a Comment