This really happens to me. I call it gathering family. So I wanted to share about a woman that I met for a few moments on the fourth of July in our home town. We parked on a random street and she pulled up and asked if she was allowed to park there. I assured her that the streets were open for anyone to park on. The firework show was a few blocks away and Jacquelinewas carrying two heavy cases of bottled water. She seemed confused when I offered to carry one for her and walk with her to the event. There was something just inviting about her immediately. She was delivering those waters to a friend who would give them away for his radio station. What a sweetheart to e even consider hauling those heavy waters for others. Our friendship has been a gift to see her move from Chicago to Tucson and walk beside her Mom in her illness.
Fast forward about a decade now and she and I live life together on social media. We may or may not ever sit down for a cup of coffee again but we are connected, pray for one another and just have a window to each others hearts.
Annette and David were having a beer at our local brewery when we met. They had just moved to Los and Annette was going through cancer treatments. We just connected. I must admit that I did not stay in touch much those first few years but we have gotten closer lately. Natalie, Annette and I are going to start a Bible study together. Might I add that it will be the first in-person Bible study I have been brave enough to do. It feels like a gift that this lady is available when I need her prayers or her receiving heart. My hope is that she feels the same.Once my Mom and I were getting in the hot tub in a hotel in southern California. This was toward the end of my Mom's life fo she was pretty fragile. Melissa was having a staycation with her kiddos and we just connected. I love watching her life unfold, loving her family and being a brave part of a fire department. Her families adventures and smiles make me smile. Loving is evident in the sparkle of her eyes.
My hope is that our connection gives them joy as they watch me go from teaching, to writing, to retirement rv trips with my Ronnie B. My sweet daughter told me that when she met her future husband that they both said.............oh there you are! I hope that I don't ever miss a moment where God is connecting me with someone else. These are just three of the people who have scooped me into their lives and allowed me to gather them into mine. Don't look down in thr grocery store or bury your head in a book at the park. You never know when God has a soulmate that you both will cherish for years to come.
In Him,
Joyful
3-7-22
I love this idea for always being open to meeting someone new at unexpected times. One friend I met in Widow Friends group at church and I felt instantly connected. Enjoy your in person Bible study, I was nervous the first time I joined one ten years ago, and I found out each one of us is learning. I believe God arranged things so you would join in.
ReplyDelete