Wednesday, April 27, 2022

In with the Good out with the Bad


People say routines or habits are cemented in our lives in a mere twenty-one days. So if I get up in the morning and walk for just one month I should be in the habit of walking and will continue. Unfortunately, I can drift away from a new formed routine even more quickly than I established it. So it is so important once a healthier choice becomes a routine to not let anything interfere with it. 

Ronnie B. and I are trying to walk the two miles to get breakfast three times a week. But too often we let other circumstances disrupt our routine. I am working hard at not missing a day starting with coffee and Bible time followed by blogging. As you can see from the days my blog doesn't post, I am still a work in progress. 

What are some routines you want to add to your life? What are some habits you want to remove from your daily routine? Perhaps making a list of adds and subtracts would help each of us to focus on moving to where we want to be spending our time. I am going to start a list here but will print it out to add to it as I think of other time wasters and time gifters. Let me know if you decide to join me in this endeavor. We can make this day one of twenty-one and let each other know if we succeeded in our addition and subtraction. I know most don't like math but at least this is simple math and not calculus. 


    Add                                                                    Take Away

Walking                                                                Phone games

Blogging                                                                Eating in bed

Connecting with others                                        Fast food            

Cooking healthy                                                   Laptop tv in bed

  These are just a few. I need to add the when, where, why, how and even on some the who so they become a routine. In the past I have deleted all my phone games but too quickly added them back. My sister replaced smoking with eating pretzels and Cheezits. She always said she needed something to replace the oral stimulation of smoking and couldn't have done it without her gallon bags of salty snacks. Teri weighed under a hundred pounds most of her adult life so she could afford to munch throughout the day.  I am finishing this post then deleting from my phone and hopefully won't download games for at least twenty-one days. Now to decide how to replace my bad habit. Good luck. I will pray for you. Please pray for me. We can do this together. 

In Him,

Joyful

4-27-22  

No comments:

Post a Comment