Yesterday I gave my Gramma Peabody's dresser and mirror to a nine year old artist. She plans to put her art supplies in the four, smaller drawers on the top and put her clothes in the big drawers underneath. I love that Freecycle and Buy Nothing exists so we can pass on what we no longer need and fill a need someone else has. It is true that I could have sold it on the Facebook Marketplace for $20-$30. But the joy I get from giving to someone who is thrilled like this nine year old girl is so much better.
I made sure she knew this was Emma Peabody's dresser. It made her smile. This dresser that I always picture in Gramma's bedroom will now be pictured full of little girl clothes and art supplies. How great is that?
Now there is room in our small guest bedroom to put up the book shelves and desk to transform it into our library. When we have a guest I will clear the desktop for their suitcase to sit since there are no longer drawers to place their clothes. I'm so excited!
As we have been incorporating my mom's stuff and Ron's mom's stuff in our home, we have been able to share so much with others. If we held onto what we had and all that they had we wouldn't be able to walk in our house. It took thoughtful consideration to figure out what to keep and what to give away. Cleaning out our parents homes made us aware that holding onto too much is not a great idea. My hope is to continue ridding out so our adult kids don't have to have a five day garage sale to share what they can't fit in their homes. The cycle continues and thankfully there is a way to share our off casts with those who can use them and are grateful to receive.
Let's keep things moving on..........
In Him,
Joyful
4-28-22

No comments:
Post a Comment