Last night I hit a wall of exhaustion at 6:30pm which was way too late for a nap but too early for bed. I tried to fight my sagging eyes and stay awake. My kids were even on their way up with my precious grandson. Even that didn't perk me up. Sadly, I called and asked them to wait until today to come visit. Ron seemed confused when I crawled into bed at 6:45 in my jammies and closed my eyes. It wasn't even necessary to turn off my lamp. The sun was shining brightly so I never even turned it on. This morning I woke up at 5:30 just like I do most days. This sixty-six year old body must have just needed a few extra hours of shut eye. I'm glad I listened since I feel rested this morning.
Life is full of so many seasons and I spend time trying to be who I was in another season when I need to just be who I am meant to be in this season. When I was heart crushed by infertility I couldn't enjoy the life I had because I was so focused on being a mom. Then when God gave me the four chosen children of my dreams, I hoped for time to myself. Seriously, this was answered prayers and then I was looking to the future when these kiddos would be older. Now I am in this season of retirement and more freedom from schedules and I love it so much. But along with calmer days comes age and the crackle of joints that don't lead to glitter or a beautiful glow.
What I need to remember is that it is okay to not have the stamina I had in previous decades of life. I don't need it to get through the day. There are not four littles needing to be bathed, carpooled, fed and scheduled. Nosey me wanted to stay up and visit but I am glad I let my sleepy eyes lead me to my comfy bed so early last night. Being honest in where I am and what I can accomplish is important. It is okay to spend the day in pajamas once in a while as long as I'm not going to church that day. Today will not be a jammie day because I listened to who I am at this age and almost slept the clock around.
In Him,
Joyful
4-20-22

No comments:
Post a Comment