Wednesday, May 11, 2022

A Chuckle a Day Keeps Us Just a Bit Lighter~Have You Ever Seen a Bell hop?

 


Have you ever seen a hotdog stand?      Have you ever seen a cat fish?                                                         Why do we have noses that run and feet that smell?                                                                        There was a kidnapping at school yesterday.          Don't worry, though - he woke up.                                                                                                                Under the Bleachers by I. Seymour Butz                                                                           The Numbers Game by Cal Q. Later 

It is a time of so many dad jokes and yet moms can be funny/not funny too. I love word play and get a real chuckle from sharing them. The truth is that my thought of writing about this was prompted by some off color ones. But oh they made me laugh. What I did find out is that you can't text jokes to others since we don't know what they are going through. Timing is everything.

I think we all roll our eyes at the silliness of wordplay, puns and dad jokes because although we chuckle inside we think they are ridiculous. How many times do we share that same joke after our eye roll. We also just expect this goofiness from certain people and would be disappointed if they don't deliver. Sunday doesn't seem like Sunday if Pastor Shawn doesn't get Pastor Lanessa to shake her head at his comedy. Of course we are there for worship and closeness to God but it has become an expected part to try to contain a laugh at Shawn's humor. 

Life can be filled with serious circumstances and we need to smile even if it is at a joke that shouldn't be so funny.  

What do you call two monkeys who share an Amazon account? Prime-mates. Why does Waldo where a striped shirt? He doesn't want to be spotted.        What kind of doctor is Dr. Pepper? A fizzician. 

I know that is enough. But I decided it was time for a break from serious stuff and I have had a lot of fun finding these to share. Trust me, I could spend all day looking up jokes online. But I better get up and begin my day. Maybe after one more cup of coffee and a few more chuckles. 

In Him,

Joyful

5-11-22  

PS. I have downloaded two Bible reading plans and it is good to be reading rather than playing on my phone. I did download my favorite games on my laptop. Keep praying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment