Thursday, May 12, 2022

I'm Writing My Oughtobiography...........a Chapter Each Day


 Don't worry. I'm not planning on writing another collection of  not so funny funnies. But I did lkie this picture and thought it fit well with yesterday's blog and what I am thinking today. 

Writing my stories matters. Not because anyone else will read them, although I hope they do. But writing keeps me grateful for the life I get to live. It helps me see that even through the most crushing times, I arm not alone. It reminds me to keep striving to be a better version of myself. There is confirmation that their are people in my life who love meand will be there to support me if I let them. 

When writing is a routine, it grounds me.They say the hardest part of writing is putting your butt in the chair. But the truth is that writing like any other practice takes consistency. I am better when I write. My day starts off on the right path. 

My hope is that the gift of writing will always be a part of my routine. Whether it is writing, painting, baking, or creating in your own personal way, set aside time at the same time each day and engage. There will most certainly be days you can't or don't make the time. But get up and get back to it the next day. Don't wait for Monday. For me it really is my oughtobiography. Writing is for my mental health, faith, connection, and hopefully touches a few of you. 

In Him,

Joyful

5-12-22

No comments:

Post a Comment