Saturday, May 14, 2022

I Think I Will Get Dressed Today and Hopefully Tomorrow as Well.

 

Ephesians 6:15 TPT

Stand on your feet alert, then you’ll always be ready to share the blessings of peace.
 
When I used to read about the Full Armour of God I never considered each piece that I need to consciously put on to begin my day. When I am moving through my day I need to be surrounded with His presence.
 
Breastplate of righteousness-Believe I can choose what is right and am forgiven when I mess up.                                                                                                                                         Helmet of salvation- My thoughts are His and I get to choose to believe.
Shield of faith- use our gifts.
Sword of the spirit/Word-I need to spend time and let His word sink into my heart.
Belt of truth- I am who He says I am.

Feet of peace-praying and turning my hands up and resting that God sees the whole picture and is present in my life.

My hope is to add this dressing every morning. 

As you all know I am trying to make changes in my life. Removing some things I know are not helping me be the best me. Today is the fourth day that I have lived without games on my phone. I downloaded a Bible reading plan and still reach for my phone in the bathroom and waiting in the car or doctor's office. It has been easier this time to not turn to mindless games since I replaced them with His word.

I want to make more changes in my life but I need to prove to myself that I am able to succeed in a few little things first. So I am adding not eating at bedtime. Susi and Pat will be glad to hear I am not mussing up their beautiful quilts they lovingly made for me. My morning routines are pretty great. Coffee, Bible, and a snuggly blanket. But my hope is to get back to writing down my prayers for myself and those who I adore. I wish I could find these peace sandals for Jenn so she could rest in the faith that Tyler is God's most loved child. I hope I can show my Natalie that the truth is God loves her just as she is and He longs to spend time with her because He cherishes her heart for Him even when she feels distant. For myself I need to boldly embrace my gifts that I need to use and share. It is not arrogant to say I have the gift of writing, selflessness, and being open to others. What I need is the breastplate of righteousness so I choose to be positive about myself and others and quit speaking our flaws through gossip. But speak His truth that we are loved and treasured. My tongue can share love or ugliness. I want to remove the ugliness and I need His armour to accomplish that. 

Let's get dressed each day and step out beautifully from head to toe. 

In Him,
Joyful
5-14-22

No comments:

Post a Comment