Monday, May 9, 2022

Just Call Me Noni~I Will be Right There

 Ministry is an overflow of your relationship with Jesus. Priscilla Shirer

 


This is a season for me to continue to be a spiritual momma to young people. The truth is my role is becoming more of a spiritual Noni than a momma at this age. What I know is that I need to walk my faith and be present in the lives of others. I don't need to preach to them but just be present. Living my life immersed in God's word and trusting His presence in my life. 

I don't have to have fancy get togethers or plan elaborate meals. There was a season where I had Saturday morning breakfasts with teens and what powerful relationships were found around a pile of pancakes. As I have aged the breakfasts faded as those connections thrived. My teens turned into young women and mommas themselves. Life got too busy to meet up once a week. Saturdays became filled with them running between soccer games and ballet. Birthday parties and occasional one on one get togethers always included me. For former students they were finally able to call me Noni rather than hanging on to calling me Mrs. Barber.  Those Saturday morning breakfasts from a decade ago have grown my heart and my family as I get to love on them and their kiddos. What an awesome reward. 

Being a spiritual Noni to young families is such a gift. I receive so much more than I invest. The beautiful part is God places others in my life and grows new relationships along the way. Our hearts are incredibly flexible and can grow to include others without taking away from the relationships we already cherish. My hope is to always prioritize these chosen families. In a couple weeks, Ron and I will travel to Salt Lake City to be a part of a wedding with our sweet Nicole and Chris. Angelica is having a baby the end of June. What an honor that she wants me in the room when her son is born.  Leona has a precious place in my heart. She is responsible for getting my heart published and I can't imagine not being able to share life with her and her sweet family even if it is from afar. Libby is a personal banker and advices me and allows me to be there when she needs a helping hand due to injuries and heartbreak from a horrific accident that took her fiances life and left her broken. What can I say about Jess? She told Allen when my girls were ever present in our home when Ryan died that she was my favorite. He told her that I said they were all my favorites. That is so true. It is possible to have many favorites since they all mean different things to us. Absolutely Jess is my favorite. Her energy, enthusiasm for life and deep love bring joy to this Noni's heart. My Heather and her family have moved to Kentucky but will always be just a phone call away and in my heart and prayers. We have walked through so much life together since she first read my blogs and stepped into my heart. There are so many others that I could fill volumes not blogs with how they have impacted my life. 

Sister/friends my own age are so valuable to my life and I am grateful for each one. Being a spiritual Noni to younger women is something I will never retire from. The joy they bring to me is a part of my faith ministry and certainly a reward God gifts all of us. We are meant to walk hand in hand through life and loving and being loved is key. It doesn't take much to include others in our lives. It could be as simple as reaching something from a high shelf for someone at the grocery store or being willing to give a new mom an hour to herself while you  selflessly hold a sweet baby. The effort is small while the reward is life changing. Soon I hope my Barbara name completely fades and I become Noni to all.

In Him,

Joyful

5-9-22

I am beyond grateful for  

No comments:

Post a Comment