I am so tickled that my Natalie came to read me a story while I was sick in bed. When she was a wee one she used to pull her little, pink chair up to read to me with her own words since she couldn't yet read. The truth is that I used to pretend to be sick so she would sit by me. She was so absolutely serious and cute in her nurturing me. All our photo albums are scattered on the bed as I searched for the photo of her in that pink chair that her sweet Felix now sits in. As you can see, I was not successful in finding it. Natalie admits that she may have snatched it and it may be at her house. She read me a story that had me hacking up a lung with my laughter.
Miranda July tells a tale of teaching three old people to swim on her
kitchen floor with bowls of water. It is hysterical. Check out her
writings but be prepared to guffaw and perhaps pee a little. What a precious throwback to have Natalie here as I battle a kidney infection. I am so thankful for all of my kiddos and how they allow Ron and I to share life with them and their families. For some this is their first Mother's Day, for others it is the first with their own Mom in heaven. There are women who long to have a child and are hopeless in infertility or trying to find the love of her life and baby daddy. For each of us Mother's Day has mixed feelings. I hope each of you know that whether you can wrap your arms around your Mom or have your kiddos wrap you in their arms or if you are alone this Mother's Day, you have been loved. You are loved.
Happy Mother's Day from me to you.
In Him,
Joyful
5-8-22

No comments:
Post a Comment