A simple, exquisite bloom adorns our home this morning. I am believing the promise of more incredible flowers to come. Watering and providing light is my part in making sure there will be more but the deep green buds are evidence that others will soon open.
Today I am resting in the promise of all God has done in my life and how He is always with me. It should be a stress filled day. There is a wildfire six miles from our home and they will decide today if we are to be evacuated. Our town has evacuated twice before and the first time so many lost their homes. I am not frantically packing what I couldn't bare to lose. It isn't because I am naive and don't believe the fire could touch us. My body is in rest mode because I have a kidney infection and bronchitis. Rest is not an option today.
But the truth is I have a peace about our home and our community. What I did realize was that I am content/satisfied/blessed in my life. This home Ron and I have built is my favorite place. I adore everything about our house and living on the park with our neighborhood deer visits. It is a calm to know that I am content in life. This third threat to our home has made me realize that this is exactly where I want to be. But if the worst happens, our family and friends matter more than anything I could pack in our rv. Tomorrow I hope to feel better so I can pack up some treasures but today I will rest and pray that the fires don't take anyone's home.
Janet Mylin definition of anxiety~when I imagine a future that is absent of God's grace, love, and strength. My life has been filled with times God has walked beside me through loss and heartbreak. He has brought me joy and connection with family and friends. Looking back on life makes me sure that no matter what tomorrow holds, I am not alone. Not What if but even if is the way I want to live. Preparing for the worst but believing that even if the worst comes it will be okay. Not blind faith but proven grace. God doesn't guide my steps but He steps beside me.
So today I rest and pray, read my Bible and binge Hallmark movies. Perhaps I will make a list of what I will pack tomorrow if the threat of fire is still looming. Pray for all the towns in New Mexico that are facing loss of homes not just our Los Alamos.
In Him,
Joyful
5-4-22

No comments:
Post a Comment