June 1st, 2022 how can this be the date on our calendars? It seems a moment ago we were wondering what would happen as our year turned to 2020 on that same calendar. Would the world shut down as everything reset in the 2000s as we left the 1900s behind? As we all know there was not a big shutdown on the first day of 2020 and all the fear was not realized. Perhaps that fear led people to put into place protections that smoothed the way for all of us to move forward.
It occurs to me that looking back over life there were many times where I feared the worst and spent so much time wringing my hands fretting over what was to come only to step into the situation and realize that my fear was unwarranted. There were other times when I was joyfully stepping through life to get that phone call that my world had been shattered. Both circumstances would not have been helped by my fear. What I recognize when I look back over life is that life unfolds. Of course my actions and responses guide my path but the worry doesn't add a thing it only robs me of peace, time, and the ability to embrace life.
Ronnie B. and I just got home from a wonderful trip that included two weddings, a graduation and so much time spent together. It is so good to be home and see family and friends who are here in Los Alamos. Watching Felix squirt everyone of us with the hose and his infectious laugh was such a treat. So much so that one by one we all stepped forward to be doused in his cool spray.
There will be many more trips and homecomings for us in the next few years of this retired life but it is also evident that time moves on. Just like looking back twenty-two years ago and how much our world has changed. The people we have lost. The people we have found. The goals we have met. The goals we let go of and hopefully forgave ourselves for letting go. Gosh thinking ahead to 2044 is hard to imagine. I will be eighty-eight and have been married sixty-seven years. The days of road trips will probably be a thing of the past. Or perhaps I will be joyful in my heavenly home. It is so important to enjoy this day, this season of life whether we are looking forward or looking back.
My goal today besides unpacking and cleaning the travel dust out of the rv is to be grateful for the times we have had and those that are coming soon. June is a stay at home month then July is a Bahama and Florida month. I hope I am able to appreciate both for all that they hold for me.. Now off to do laundry........who am I kidding. I think I will have another cup of coffee in my favorite spot.
In Him,
Joyful
6-1-22

No comments:
Post a Comment