I love that our adventures before dementia keep Ron and I on the move. Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful to be home having coffee in my spot. But it is also good to see the future trips on our calendar as the months unfold. I am thankful that I have the good health and opportunities to keep moving. So we are home for the month of June but that also includes a family reunion in Santa Fe, close to home.
Hearing kids say they are bored always prompts us to remind them of all that they could be doing. Typical parents tell them to grab a book, go outside, ride a bike, mow the lawn. In fact, like when we say I will give you something to cry about, we tell kids if you are bored I have chores for you. That may keep them from saying they are bored but may not keep them from being bored. I know I would likely be more bored in retirement if it weren't for Ronnie B, my energizer bunny. Ron has more interests than he can ever accomplish in two lifetimes and he encourages me to pursue my own interests.
My hope is to always encourage others in following their dreams and desires as well. Fulfill all their bucket list to dos. My sister loved being at home. That was definitely her happy place. She did not have a need to travel and explore. There is no wrong answer to how we find contentment. It is by nature different for each of us. Throughout life we have seasons where are activities change. I loved being at sporting events watching my kids but I have not attended high school football games since they graduated. When they were small, we have a generous garden with the most delicious corn, tomatoes and other yummy veggies. Now I am growing more flowers than food. Without the kids here to munch on the asparagus right out of the ground, I am not as interested. Pursue your happy spot whether it is sewing, kayaking, people watching or connecting with friends. Life is too short to be bored even completing chores is satisfying in its own way. Perhaps while I am home this month I will have a garage sale and rid out so my kids don't have to have one when I am heaven bound. I may even get the courage I need to learn to use my Cricut machine Ron got me for my birthday a couple years ago. But first, a second cup of coffee and chat with Miss Clara who is staying with us.
In Him,
Joyful
6-2-22 Happy 66th birthday to my Ronnie B.

No comments:
Post a Comment