Our church was online because both pastors and too many others were diagnosed with Covid. This became the perfect opportunity to watch online and just stay home. So a jammie day or some may call it a pj day was called for and is always a good idea. Now that doesn't mean that we are completely sedentary but that we commit to staying home and putting rest and relaxation on our to do list. Yesterday, I took a much needed at home day. Felix came while his parents went to church and we had a glorious time simply playing with blocks, cars and dinosaurs.
What a restful day just being home. To be honest I didn't have confidence that I could achieve it. I am one to bolt often for even made up reasons to get in the car and head out. But not yesterday. Our student from Napal, Roshan, made a delicious pork curry for Clara and me. He even helped us clean up. We gathered with our bowls to watch Naked and Afraid and then all retreated to our rooms for alone time.
I can't imagine being home bound but a day at home was renewing. Today I am off to pick up a gift for Ronnie B. since Father's Day is next Sunday. He is off in the field doing archeoengineering so no at home day for him. Traveling is a big part of my life whether it is to see grandkids or just to be together in our rolling casita. But there is value in a day at home. I can tell that yesterday was just what I needed to rest, reflect and reset.
Life can be challenging and it is okay to take a day off. Don't worry, I still fed the cat and watered the garden but I did them in my pjs. Believe me a shower is called for this morning and yes I will be getting dressed before I venture out. I hope you all have an incredible week that is filled with days that are just what you need. Remember we are human beings not human doings. So there is no shame in just being now and then. The doing will always be there but it doesn't all need to be done today. Today make a list for what you will accomplish tomorrow and have that second cup of coffee. Heck, take a few minutes to call a friend or invite someone for coffee. Those should always be on our to do list anyway. Hope you have a fabulous week this second week in June.
In Him,
Joyful
6-13-22

No comments:
Post a Comment