In the water is my happy place. In a few weeks Ronnie B. and I are going back to the Bahamas on Guthrie's catamaran with Paul and Cindy. My hope is to spend as much time in the water as I do on the water. Snorkeling will be like heaven with the coral reefs and colorful fish. For our fish Feather/ Topy his water home is what sustains his life. For me being in the water is not sustenance in the same sense but it is sustenance for my soul. It seems my past two years have gut punched me as it has for so many of us. I find healing in the water. Wonder what graceful Feather my fish is thinking of as he moves about his watery home. Now I need to google or ask Alexa if beta fish think. Distractions are real now that we have the internet at our beck and call.
Ron goes off on his own into the field scrambling up rocks doing archeology research, Natalie writes or paints, Brittney runs, Tanner doodles on people with tattoos, Clara goes to the beach and Pat sews. Each of us has calming strategies to deal with life's crashing waves. Sometimes it is thrilling to splash in the breakers but other times it is nice to just float with a snorkel in the calm waters. What a joy to just be a witness to what lives below. I have fond memories of San Diego beaches with our kids and grandkids boogie boarding but I also recall laying in the cool water with the sun on my back in Hawaii. There have been times when I float to relieve my stress and other times when I enjoy the water not even aware that a storm in life was brewing. God knows what I need even before I do and prepares me. What a gift to have such a loving Father who gives us all avenues to peace. Peace beyond understanding.
My Mom named our fish Feather since he looks like a suspended, deep blue feather in his bowl. Felix named him after Toby the fish. Toby was the name Cameron gave our first fish some thirty-five years ago. Cam even wrote his first song as a three year old.
Toby the fish, Toby the fish, We love you our Topy the fish.
So fun that Felix is now singing his Uncle Cam's song to our fish all these decades later. I just love life.
In Him,
Joyful
6-14-22

No comments:
Post a Comment