My time at home is coming to an end. I have been home the entire month of June. It is so good to be at home in my own bed, with my own Bible study spot, with my own coffee pot. This month I caught up on several things that needed attending to. I got to spend time with friends and enjoy the quiet of just being home. The next few months include wonderful travel and it will be such a gift to go and explore but it is always nice to come home.
I live where we have four distinct seasons and I love anticipating when one is ending and the next is arriving. The past few days have brought the monsoons. There are hot mornings and cool afternoons with booming thunderstorms. It feels good to smell the rain and know that the earth is being quenched. Wearing shorts and flip flops is my happy place but I would not want to live where there was never a season for sweaters and snowboots. Appreciating one is when we know that another season is coming.
Ronnie B. and I are so fortunate to be able to travel as much as we do. It is so connecting to visit family and explore new sites. Whether we are in our cozy rv or heading to the Bahamas on the Guthrie's catamaran, experiencing life together is my favorite. Then coming home together is so sweet.
Seasons change. Locations change. Life unfolds. Losing my sister and seeing how alone her grieving husband is makes me all the more ready to spend as much time with Ron as I can. The truth is one of us will most likely be left behind when the other goes home to heaven. That change is not one we look forward to but know is part of life. The gift is that we love each other, have lived life and weathered storms together, and will cherish the memories of our time at home and on the move. I love us and know God gifted us with a second chance to be together. Under one roof whether that is the one at home or on the road. My Ronnie B. one of my greatest adventures and that doesn't change.
In Him,
Joyful
6-20-22

No comments:
Post a Comment