Dan Webster The Real Deal
Committment Surrender
Challenges us to a higher Yield the soul to God's higher purpose level of determination
I'll do better Giving up and allowing God to do His work through me
My best effort God's competency working throuh me
Me trying Me trusting
Me striving Me submitting
Writing big, impressive verbal Unleash the grace that can actually cash it checks
I spend so much time beating myself up for not being committed enough to so many areas of my life. Why do I work so hard? Why do I always fall short? While I need to have determination, try, strive and try to do better, I also need to turn my hands up and surrender.
Years ago I wrote about my micromanaging wand that I used to try to fix everything that I perceived was wrong in me and in those around me. The truth is I am not convinced I have all the answers to how to fix anything. So why do I continue to cling to doing it my way? Stubborn, know it all, too much holding to what I believe should happen and not enough of hands turned palm up in surrender.
It has been a challenging week of conversations. I am so thankful for Ronnie B. having the wisdom to not bully or coerce the conversations but calmly give information and let others come to their own conclusions. Then the two of us can encourage and support the outcomes of their decisions.
From the simple things to the ones that can be life changing I need to relax my grip and get on my knees with my palms in the air. Releasing and knowing then the answers will come not by my wisdom but His. This is a lifetime struggle for me and probably for you as well. I remember physically turning my hands up back when my oldest was in middle school. There were no answers to situations in me. I got on my knees and let go. Here I am with all my children in their thirties still holding tight before finally surrendering. How much easier my life would be if my first response was surrender not commitment. Before committing I need to have direction. Being committed to my ways is most often not the way I should be going. Then there I sit busting my butt on a task that was never wise in the first place. Commitment is necessary to get the job done but first I need to hear if the job is mine to do.
This post was for me and I love you for reading my heart. God knows I am still a work in progress and have a short term memory issue. Thankfully, He gently nudges me when I need it and boots me in the butt when I am at my most stubborn. I am grateful for all of you in my life who also put up with and guide me when I am moving down the wrong path.
In Him,
Joyful
6-19-22
Happy Father's Day

No comments:
Post a Comment