Coffee and conversation is a wonderful way to wake up and begin the day. Here I sit with my son’s family at an Airbnb on Lopez Island in the San Juan Islands. Last night was full of scrabble and laughter. This morning has been coffee and conversation. Sharing and just catching up is joyful. Nobody is trying to solve the world’s problems or convince one another to see things from a different vantage point. It is just about being together and connecting.
I miss living close to these four grandkids and their parents but Ron and I are so fortunate to have the means and health to visit often. One year old, Millie only took a few moments to come right into our arms. The three teen grand kiddos have filled us in on their adventures, school, friends, and talents. The thing about my grands that strikes me the most is that these three truly enjoy being together. There is no fussing or fighting just support and encouraging one another. That is rare. My kids had a together shirt that I made them hug it out in when they couldn’t or wouldn’t get along. Cam and Brit are surely doing something right in raising these kids to be so anger free with each other.
Today we are off to explore Friday Harbor and drive around to Snug Harbor that was one of Cam’s favorite camping spots as a kid. He has wanted to share these islands with his family for years. I am so glad we are finally making that happen. Lunch will most likely be seafood and that will be delicious. The real treat is just being together. This Noni is one lucky lady to be here and to be a part of this family’s journey.
In Him,
Joyful
11-19-22


No comments:
Post a Comment