Wednesday, November 16, 2022

It Could Only be His Hand Placing my Hand and Writing in Hers

 Grab a second cup of coffee you are going to be scrolling this blog for a bit. 

I need to follow up on yesterday’s post of God giving me a gentle nudge and eventually I say yes. As most of you know, Leona, Susi and I finished editing my blog on the death of Ryan that I wrote for ten years. That was June 2020. The truth is it should have been completed months before that. But I hit a snag. A pitchfork size snag and just stopped. What time and opportunities were missed by that unnecessary delay. But looking forward in Him. 


Since putting my heart, my faith, and my journey on Amazon I have given out hundreds of books to strangers, in free libraries, and anywhere they might land in the hands of someone who needed the faith God gave me to walk through their journeys. Did I say anywhere? Nope. God has pressed on my heart to send copies to Lisa Harper, Christy Wright, Faith Womack, Erin Davis and so many others that guide me on their podcasts, YouTube channels and Better Together. The only book I sent was to Faith. She hosts How to Faith a Life every Monday and Friday.  But I digress. 


So yesterday got me thinking again or should I say guilting again about not at least casting the nets and sending the book to others who have platforms to share with so many more than I do. Yesterday, our Czech renter asked me how many books I have sold on Amazon. I can honestly say that I have no idea. It is not about selling books but sharing my journey and how I never had to take one step alone. 


Okay, now that is all background. Today Ron and I got up at 3:00 am to catch a 6:15 flight in Albuquerque. We eventually boarded the plane and sat for two hours before being deplaned. Can I just say that I always thing of Fantasy Island when I hear deplane, deplane.  Told you this was going to be a long post. But it will be worth it I promise. Then we stood in line with the rest of the herd to get new flights to get us to Seattle. Instead of changing planes in Oakland we now were to change planes in Denver and only get in a couple hours after our original flight. Plus we got 200. Vouchers to visit our grandkids again. 



Here we were in Denver rushing through the airport to get to our next plane and there she was, Christy Wright and she turned around when I shouted perhaps too enthusiastically her name. Earlier I had borrowed a pen from Ron and signed a book believing God would have exactly the person I was to give it to. I even took it out of my backpack and squeezed it into my purse. So when she asked me my name as I gushed over how much she had impacted my life, I knew. God was not waiting for me to get my book into one of these ladies hands but He put her hand in mine to receive it. A table set by Jesus. No way on earth this was not His doing. Will she read my story, pass it on to someone else? I have no idea but I don’t need to know because God knows and is directing my words and this book. What I do know is I need to get my butt busy and send it to others that He puts on my heart. Giving Christy a book was no more important than the one I gave the flight attendant who was so gracious to keep us all from being thirsty or getting too annoyed by the delays. 


Ron said I was star struck by meeting someone I feel I know since I listen to her faith and learn so much from her. But I am not star struck. I am God struck. It should never surprise me when I see how He designs the best possible way to share His love for me with others that He loves so much. Now I will say this, I am not at all cranky, exhausted or impatient with this next delay as we sit on the tarmac once again hoping this plane gets us in the air and to our kids and grandkids. What I am is exuberant. God has a plan to use my story, my loss. For that I am thankful even in the loss of my son. The connections that tragic day has opened up for Ron and our family are limitless. God knows. I can’t wait to see how His plan unfurls when I obey that little press in the small of my back to act. 


In Him,

Joyful

11-16-22

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Sometimes we know in our hearts that an experience was a message from. God and is so exciting to us. Have a blessed day lovely!

    ReplyDelete