Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Living Like Jack Spratt’s Wife and Walking Hand in Hand



 


Exercise makes you sweaty and smelly but fit. Extra fries smells best when sitting beside a cheeseburger but is the downfall of your figure and health. Hmmmmm choices, choices. This past month I have been indulging in the extra fries mentality rather than the exercise one. So yesterday was day 1 for the millionth time to start making the first choice rather than the second and get sweaty which will make me feel better in the long run. No I won’t be running but I figured a post on choosing exercise could use that word for some of you. 

For each of us the means to the end of getting healthier is different. Ronnie B tends to stick with beans and rice, running and walks. I join him for walks but do best when I am on a lower carb life style. Which makes us a bit like Jack Sprat and his wife. 

Some of my friends are embarking on Weight Watchers with great success. When it boils down to it losing weight is simple. Eat less, move more. How we choose to attack our poor choices is a personal decision. It is not for me to tell you how best to go about it any more than you should boss me. What we both need to do is encourage one another and not condemn or judge if once again we fall into bad habits. 

For me today is day two of intermittent fasting eat eight hours and fast sixteen which means I eat from noon to eight. I am also starting Keto. That is when I feel my best and have the most success. Ronnie B and I will not be traveling for a couple months so we plan to walk our four mile round trip to Starbucks where I will just have coffee. Hope you are encouraged to begin when the time is right for you or to continue on a path that works for you. I know I am encouraged by others who have begun their quest of a healthier life. I applaud their renewed commitment and hope my own commitment lasts more than a few days. Best practice is to not throw it all away if a mistake is made but give ourselves grace and keep going. 

In Him,
Joyful
11-29-22

No comments:

Post a Comment