The cards are sent, the gifts are wrapped, the ham is thawing in the fridge so today is a rest and reflect day. Those who know me will be shocked that after getting up to coffee and Bible study, I fell back asleep till after nine o’clock. I am typically a five thirty am riser and ready for the day. But not today. Yesterday, among the hustle and bustle of finishing strong I determined to sit today. The house is spotless due to my talented pair of cleaning angels. The clutter is removed and tucked away until January when Christmas is stored for another year.
So I am spending the day in His word. Reveling in the truth that while Jesus is the reason for the season, so am I and so are each of you. The purpose of the fulfilled prophecy of Jesus birth was a way for us to have redemption and the gift of spending eternity in His presence. So let’s celebrate that Jesus birth was always God’s promise to welcome us home into His loving arms.
The truth is there are nativities all around my house. A children’s nonbreakable one that Felix has been rearranging for weeks. But the one that is my favorite is one that Cathy gave me years ago. How did I choose a favorite. It is really simple. In this nativity Mary is holding her baby, our Jesus, in her arms. I
know it says He was laid in a manger. It is probably true that He slept there part of the time. But I know that the majority of His infancy was spent in His mother’s arms to be fed, loved, and simply gazed upon. The miracle of His immaculate birth must have caused Mary grief from other’s who did not understand. But when this heavenly gift was finally born, this sweet, young mother was awed by her role in Jesus’ life. To be His mom even after He died on that cross was her life’s work. God has put Mary on my heart today as I hold the precious image of her cradling Him in her embrace. She knew the significance of this tiny one who God placed right there in her arms. God trusted her and she trusted Him and all that trust led to this most intimate moment between a mother and her son.
My prayer is that we are not to caught up in preparing for Christmas that we don’t take a moment to just be in this miracle that is the greatest gift to each of us. Baking was off my to do list this year since my oven is broken. Who knew what a bonus of time this would give me. So today I am enjoying what was given and trying not to be a human doer but just a human being.
Merry Christmas to each of my faithful few.
In Him,
Joyful
12-23-22


No comments:
Post a Comment