Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Me First, Then Put on my Hats

 


So I know I have written before about my early rising brain. How I first dreaded my four a.m. wake-up but later came to embrace my quiet time when the house is was still. For the past few weeks I have not been rising before the sun and miss what I once despised. I felt cheated when I woke up at seven and didn’t have a couple hours to myself. Thankfully, in the past few mornings, I have been popping my eyes open back at between four and five. Now I rejoice in my quiet time to stare at the fire, Bible study, catch up with emails, and of course write my heart on this page. 

Isn’t it interesting that something we consider inconvenient can become a trusted friend. This morning Kristi Wright, who has three little kiddos said she gets up just a few minutes before she knows her first one will rise. She described it as being herself before she is a mom or a wife. It sets the tone for her whole day. I love that perspective. Like on an airplane they tel you to put on your own oxygen mask first before helping others. Be me in the morning before I am a mom, wife, etc. Wake up without a hat on before donning all the hats each of us wear everyday. 

Here I sit hours after starting this blog and grateful for each interruption. But first I had a couple hours of me time. How lucky I am for all the hats I get to wear. Our family continues to grow and I love being a mom and Noni to each of my cuties. God blessed me with my chosen family that is just the family meant for me. The sadness of infertility led me to my kids from generous, loving birthmoms. My takeaway today is to not get too upset about what life throws me. But recognize that God will turn each circumstance into a gift. Be thankful in all things should be my go to sooner than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment