![]() |
A first Christmas is a most precious gift of seeing those sweet smiles of recognition emerging. The joy of the lights and sounds of our celebrations through the eyes of a three month old. I am so thankful for our growing family and that Ronnie B and I get to spend so much time with each and everyone. Yesterday, I went to pick up our almost nine year old grandgirl, Amalia from Arizona. It was a twelve hour drive and worth every mile to bring her home for a week with us. An incredibly sweet trip with Ami and Caleb in the back seat. This angel was softly telling her nephew the story of Jesus’ birth and then the Adam and Eve story right through to Cain and Abel. She gave him such detail of the love her Jesus has for him that I couldn’t stop the tears from falling down my face. Caleb will not remember this first time of hearing of his saviors love but Ami, Elissa and I will always remember who first shared this truth with him.
I saw on social media that Christ and Santa can’t both be true. That is not something I accept. The heart of giving is what life, not just Christmas should be all about. To know Him and to make Him known is our life’s purpose. Sweet Ami already gets that at such a tender age. The joy of Christmas is that we love God and love one another. Santa is us loving on each other with generous, thoughtful hearts. God’s gift of His son is what brings us back in relationship with Him. This is a time to celebrate our togetherness not worry about what we think is correct. God knows our hearts and He accepts us each and every one. Let’s be more like Ami reveling in Santa’s story but understanding the gift of Jesus in her life. I feel honored that I was witness to my loving grandgirl quietly sharing her truth with her tiny nephew. Who said an eight year old can’t be a wise and wonderful auntie?
In Him,
Joyful
12-27-22


No comments:
Post a Comment