A rare bit of advice from Michelle Carr, my physician and my friend. It could help if you drink alcohol. That was not what I was expecting…… exercise more, eat less, put ice on it or heat, rest or power through were said to not be of any help at all. That is so not what I thought I would hear. The hardest part to hear is that beyond alcohol and perhaps medication, this health concern is progressive and will only get worse throughout my golden years.
So to dispel the suspense on how I need prayers I will share what I know so far. I have essential or familial tremors in my left arm. There were no other signs of Parkinson’s so that is great news. Next step is to see a neurologist for more extensive tests. I have been struggling to write and can hardly get a fork to my mouth. Lately, using a big spoon has been the best option. Perhaps this is my new diet plan to have my food fall before it reaches my mouth. The other possibility is that one day I may end up being a bit of a bobble head if tremors decide to go there. Ron used a sexy voice and said I may end up speaking like Catherine Hepburn. That might be cooler than the bobble head scenario.
The truth is I was grateful my sweet Natalie was there with me to listen, support, and add her observations. At Thanksgiving I had no worries about eating or writing so this has progressed quickly. Ron and I came home and googled everything we could about both disorders and called Katie and Mary for medical advise. Then we began looking up neurologists in our area that specialize in this. Somehow I got my task order wrong. The first thing I needed was to open my Bible and get in conversation with God and turn my hands up. Once again my first response was to grab and do on my own. I do need to research and I do need to gain wisdom from others. But I need the peace of Jesus and the rest of knowing He is with me even through what is ahead.
Just so you know, I had a couple shots of the Crown Royal my sister-in-law gave me. Can I also just say that at sixty-six years old I have never, not once smoked or ingested pot. Now it may become a go to treatment to take cbd in some form. That scares me almost as much as these diagnosis. But narcotics scare me too. Michelle gave me Larazapam which is what my Mom took for her Stiff Person Syndrome. Even that made me cry yesterday as I wanted so bad to call my sister. Today, I am going to pray first, keep my Bible open on my dining room table, and accept the love and care from family and friends.
In Him,
Joyful
1-6-23


No comments:
Post a Comment