Sunday, February 26, 2023

Noni to All, Thankful for Each and Every One of You


 Can I just say how fortunate I am to be a Noni? There were years when infertility led me to lose hope in being a mom and I certainly couldn’t see myself as a Noni. But God had a plan and I had Ronnie B to walk me through not only infertility but finding our chosen children. Four kiddos called me Mom and now too many to count call me Noni. You ask, can’t I count my own grandchildren and great grandson. Of course I can. My children have given me seven with one due in August along with my great grandson. But being Noni is not about blood that much is obvious in my family. I am honored to be Noni to others in my life who share their love, families and time with me. 

My daughter asked me last night how she was possibly going to love the child she is growing as much as she loves her son. That is easy. Our hearts grow to include more people in our lives to love. It isn’t a finite amount that needs me to love one a little less to include another. No. The beauty is that hearts expand an unlimited amount to include each and everyone. 

I am Noni, not because being grandma isn’t cool enough. When my four were wee ones I had a Noni in my life that simply loved my kiddos as well as so many others. Her real name was Eleanor but that faded as she became Noni in so many lives. She modeled acceptance and love for others with no limits. That is who I get to be. So let me just say whether it is my kids’ kids or my extended family through life and love, or even the people who use my Noni’s park toys at my back gate, I am beyond grateful that my life is filled with those who call me Noni. 

Noni is who I long to be…………Barbara Barber is too fun but oh being a Noni is my life.

In Him,

Joyful

2-26-23 

No comments:

Post a Comment