There are times when we must be vulnerable enough to reveal our wounds, hurts, disappointments and challenges with a broader audience simply because we believe in the power of prayer. Then there are times we ask for prayers in a vague way because the prayer is what matters not the specifics. Especially sharing details about another who needs prayer is too often more about gossip than concern. Corporate prayers are the goal.
So today I ask for prayers for a lifelong friend who is having major back surgery this Wednesday. I am also asking for prayers for my neurology appointment for answers about possible essential tremors. Additionally, I am asking for prayers for family healing. My family needs a softening of hearts toward one another. Please know that I have strong faith in the power of our prayers.
Everyone of us has the power to pray. There is not a single person that has God’s ear or prays better than another. Years ago, my Young Life girls and I shared three word prayers to pray for one another. For me it was under one roof. Ronnie B and I were separated at the time. When we joyfully came back together, those girls saw the power of their prayers. To this day I am thankful for their hearts for us and their faith in prayers. Prayer can be as simple as three words or as long as an hour pleading for healing. It can be a conversation or just an intimate breath. I am doing my best to replace my pat answer that I will pray for someone with an immediate prayer for them and with them right in the moment. God knows our hearts and is more concerned with our closeness than the eloquence of our words.
So please pray for my friend and her doctors as well as that I get answers to my medical questions. In kind, let me know how I can pray for you. Call me or leave a comment and I will do my best to reply.
In Him,
Joyful
2-27-23
No comments:
Post a Comment