Friday, March 17, 2023

How Do You To Do?

What is your go to organizer? Do you use your calendar and reminders on your phone? Are you old school with a calendar hanging on your wall or hanging out in your purse? Is it better for you to have Alexa give your to do list every morning or let you know what needs to go on your shopping list? Do you plan a menu and shop once a week or run to the store almost everyday cooking up what sounds good? We are all different in how we get things done and that is why there is such a variety of tools to make life easier individually. 

Ron needs to print a calendar for a season. Yes, I mean a season. He prints one for me as well but I rarely fill it in. Retirement is less structured than our working years but we also stay extremely busy these days. So seeing the big picture of trips, commitments, and appointments is helpful. 


Personally, I am not good with my phone calendar. So I carry a pocketbook calendar that fits in my purse. Now if I could set a reminder to jot down what I need on that calendar and look at it daily. I just listened to a woman who says she does time blocks for her day every morning. That keeps her on track. I am hoping to begin doing that so I don’t waste as much time. Now when I say I want to organize my day, I’m not talking about doing laundry or cleaning the fridge. What I want to prioritize is writing, reading and being in community. There are those almost set in stone priorities that I want to build around. First things first, coffee,Bible study and Wordle. Then blogging and a few times a week having a second cup of coffee with friends.  I babysit my grandson three days a week and those days are at home enjoying three year old magic. 

When my kids were littles I did five minutes a room of cleaning to keep on top of the chaos. I tried to tackle laundry one day a week and get everything put away the same day. That freed me from the piles of unmatched socks and folded leaning towers of clothes scattered all over the house. Now I am blessed with a husband who does his own laundry and a pair of angels who clean once a month. So I can schedule times to connect more. I love that. 

It is best to find the planning tools that work best for you for the phase of life you are in. Then work to be consistent in using that system regularly. Who knows you may just find a sliver of time for a relaxing bath. Hmmm, perhaps that needs to be the first thing you put on whatever calendar you are using. 

In Him,

Joyful

3-17-23.         Happy St. Patricks Day……….that is on my calendar today. Drinks with Ronnie B. at the Tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment